Monday, September 5, 2016

Week One

For my first work, I somewhat continued a similar theme of paintings I started last semester. To study form, I started painting abstract blobs with an abstract background so I did a different version of this. I plan to change things a good bit through the course of the semester but this was a good place to start.




Past Work:









Reading Response:

The reading on critiques was perfect going into this semester especially since I am diving into classes that all include critiques and it put me in a good state of mind. I liked the point made about detaching yourself from your work for critique rather than it being a show-and-tell situation so you can critique your own work along with your peers. Though a lot of the scenarios mentioned I personally haven't experienced in a critique yet, it was still good a read for it those scenarios do arise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment