Friday, September 23, 2016

Week Three

This week I revived an old project I have planned to continue and grow. It was my first attempt of mixing sculpture, painting, and photography into one project. I liked the outcome but definitely want to push the idea further. From the critique, I definitely want to play with the idea of moving the cube to a more industrial space. For now, I'm not sure if I want to try another shape just yet because I want to play more with the painting on the cubes. Rather than only positioning the reflections of different views in the cube, I liked the feedback of almost making the painting float in the landscape and I want to make the painting interact with the landscape more which means more planning as to where I'll be shooting the cubes next.






Reading Summary:

This week's reading goes through understanding and accepting your work as an artist. As I've been reading, I've gone by so many great quotes- never have written so much in a book. In the Acceptance section,  it made sense that the world is more accepting of art it has seem before or can understand but it's ironic since it also thirsts for something new. I loved the passage at the beginning of chapter 5 where it talked about the truthfulness of the art we make. It really does show the decisions made whether they be good or bad, lazy or motivated. When it comes to talking about changing materials, I have certain materials I consistently work in but I also like to dabble in different medium to keep it exciting. With that being said, I can relate to the reinventing yourself every work though I am dealing with similar subject matter. I suppose I'm still searching for those "useful forms" to excell my work further.   


No comments:

Post a Comment