Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week Five

This week shook things up a bit since I was forced out of my element in doing 4D work. It was a nice experiment but definitely not something I will keep doing. If anything, I might body paint again but do photos with it instead. It's not that I don't want to learn more about video art, I just don't think it fits into what I'm going for in this body of work. Having to make another person's artwork was interesting especially since it was someone I don't know as well compared to others in the class. Having only seen Grace's work from portfolio, I had not too much information to work with but I went with her themes of printmaking and religion but put my own spin on it. With a background of 9 years at a Christian private school, I had plenty to say about Christianity and religion but definitely not in a great light.




When thinking of body painting, there is an artist whose work I've followed for a bit so I went to her work for some inspiration. Though she paints more realistically, I looked to how she painted the body. 


Reading Response

Thinking about my work in a historical context was difficult since I see such a wide range of artwork today that I can see my work fitting into today's art partially for that reason. Comparing to my past work, there paintings are a sharp turn of branch off of a lot of my previous work since I used to focus more on sculpture. I haven't completely departed from my intuitive process and the paintings have a sculptural aspect. I did realize I like to deal with a duality in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment